About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Good ol' Tim

It's been a whole year this weekend that Tim was killed in a car accident driving back here to Provo. I will never forget that phone call from my Dad when he called me at work to tell me what had happened. I felt like the floor had been swept from under me. It was one of the most surreal and worst days of my life. I think I called his phone like 20 times just to hear his voice on his voice mail.

But anyways, I miss Tim still and I think about him every time I walk into the library or I go for a run or I go home to Mesa and see his family at chruch. In fact, I still thik about Tim a lot. I miss his spiritual depth, his laugh, his teasing attitude and his sense of humor. Tim always knew how to get a reaction out of me. He loved to tease me and I wasn't afraid to dish it right back. He was such a good friend to me and was always willing to help or listen. In fact there are still times where the only person I want to talk to is Tim. I remember one time we were in the BYU bookstore and I saw a BYU blanket that I wanted but I didn't want to spend the money on it. Well the very next day, Tim shows up at my doorstep with the blanket. I will never forget that. Tim always would listen to what you didn't say.

Thank goodness though we all know where he is and that he is most likely tearing it up in the spirit world. He is probably leading an entire mission right now. Thank goodness for the plan of salvation and that we know that his family will see him again and that we all will see him again. I better see him again...I still owe him $20 and dinner.

But I can honestly say that this world is better for having Tim in it for a short time. If anyone was ready to go it was Tim. I remember one time while we were running last summer he told me he was writing a book called, "His mission, Not mine." and that just about sums Tim up. Everything was the Lord's, not his. Tim we miss you and love you but we will see you again.

1 comment:

donelle said...

Thanks for this blog post. I too miss Tim. I can't believe that it has already been an entire year since he left this earth. What a wonderful person to have had in our lives!!!