About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Internship


Well I am just going to call in an internship because I am a Speech Pathology major and we don't need to have an internship to graduate since you have to do graduate school. Or that's what I am guessing anyways. But I graduate in April (which can't come soon enough) and my plans are to be a speech assistant for a year before I go to graduate school. So I got thinking that I better have some kind of experience before I start applying for a full time position. So I contacted "Kids On The Move" (thanks Rachelle for the info) which is a non-profit organization that provides support to families with children who have special needs with delays in cognitive development, language development, social and emotional development and physical development which includes motor, vision and hearing. I am so excited! I met with the Speech Pathologist that I will be working with on Tuesday and today was my first day. It is all volunteer work but it's experience! I didn't do much today but she will have me doing different projects for her and then starting in January, I will work in play groups and actually shadow her. It's a great opportunity and just today being around all the speech materials and books and activities for articulation disorders and and toys and seeing books on the tables that are my text books for class just got me so excited. I know this is what I am suppose to be doing. It's a great feeling.



And my mom really is my #1 fan. She always sends me newspaper articles in the paper back home with articles on how desperately they need speech therapists. It's a good feeling to know I will have no trouble finding a job.

2 comments:

salena said...

Is the internship thing in Utah? Wow! Great job for making it this far-it'll all pay off bigtime!

Ali said...

what a sweet mom are we ever going to get together we need to do lunch some time or dinner