About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

There Are No Coincidences in the Gospel


So I have had a recent miracle happen in my life that just helps me realize even more how aware our Heavenly Father is of His children. We have a recent convert that just moved into our ward and and so me and the presidency went over there last week to meet her and welcome her to the ward. Anyhow, I felt I needed to visit with her again and I met with her Tuesday and she is one incredible person. She has come a long way and I admire her strength and courage to pick up and move here and be among strong members. She begins to tell me her conversion story and mentions a President Beck who is the mission president of the area she was living in. I knew his name sounded familiar so I then ask her what is the nearest temple and she tells me the OAKLAND TEMPLE! I was so excited at this point that I ask her if she knows a Sister Linford and she says, "Amy? Do you know her?" Know her? She just happens to be my best friend! I was so excited to put everything together and realize that Amy taught her on the mission and and helped her to get baptized. What are the chances that the new member in our ward just happens to be a girl Amy taught on the mission and then to be in my Relief Society!

When I was first called to be the RS president again I have to admit I wasn't as excited as I was the first time. And I began to wonder how I was going to manage everything. I knew it was going to be a busy semester with school, hw, my job, my internship but I have gained such a stronger testimony that when you put the Lord first, everything else falls into place. Somehow I have enough time to get everything done. I know that I am suppose to be here in this calling and to help this new member. I know she is a big reason I was called again. I will do as much as I can to be her friend and to provide temporal and spiritual support. She needs friends, a responsibility and a good nourishing of the Gospel. She even mentioned a few times that it helps for her to have that connection between Amy and I. I know it is a HUGE reason she is opening up to me. There are no coincidences in the Gospel. He is aware of His children! Every single one of us and He knows of our situations and what it is we need to grow and become more like Him. I am a true believer that the Lord places people in our lives for very specific purposes and that His hand is so evident in our lives if we will only look up and reach up to His reaching hand!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I love all the spirtitual experiences you share with the rest of us! Your blog lifts me up so much. Thank you!!

Amelia Smith said...

Okay THAT is crazy! What a cool experience. I can't believe you are the relief society president! Look at you :)

Nelson Family said...

What a crazy, incredible, & awesome story...you're right, it's not a coincidence! Thanks for sharing!!

Jolynn said...

That is so awesome! It is so true that the Lord knows us all so well! Good luck with all that you have to do.