About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Inauguration

Now I am the first to admit that I am not a huge Obama fan. I do not agree with 99.9% of his policies and I think a majority of the country is so enthralled in the fact that he is African American and the first president to be so, but I hope for the sake of the country that he has a successful presidency. But I found these pictures and I just thought they were really cool and I don't care who you are but Bush is a good man. You can tell my some of these pictures.



An estimated 1.3 million were there at Capitol Hill for the swearing in. It is the most ever in presidential history.



President Bush Left Obama this envelope in the oval office and I read somewhere that he left him a personal note in the top desk drawer.



I am not a fan of the Clintons. She is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

That's pretty cute.


I liked this picture and the next one.


Laura Bush: "You have no idea what you have just gotten yourself into."


Same bible that was used with Abraham Lincoln and the first time for it to be taken out of retirement.



I think this picture is so great. I think it shows the respectful and cordial way of passing the job of the presidency to the next person. And I was reading somewhere that this is the most cordial a president and president elect have ever been with each other.



I love how Joe Biden is saluting Bush as he flies away. He just earned a couple of points in my book even though he does say some pretty dumb things sometimes. But his wife is adorable and a school teacher.



Now I still cannot believe they spent $170 million on the Inauguration and the ball and luncheon and parties when our economy is in the toilet but I wish him the very best because he is sure going to need it.

6 comments:

donelle said...

Love those pictures...especially the one of Bush looking out over DC from the helicopter. I agree with you; Obama wasn't my pick for president, but I do support him now and hope for the best.

Amelia Smith said...

I loved looking through that. Even though I am slightly concerned about what's going to happen to our country, I have to admit it was inspiring watching the inaguration. It is cool that our country has gone from slavery to this.... I don't think that means it's okay to overlook EVERYTHING this man stands for which is what has happened in my opinion. It makes me mad how Bush was so misunderstood, and almost a joke. Okay he wasn't ALMOST a joke, he WAS a joke to a lot of Americans. It irritates me. Okay I could write a novel... in a nutshell, I liked your post :)

Jenny Hogle said...

Well said bekah, my feelings exactly.

Amy said...

It's a comfort to know that the Lord is the one who is really in charge.

Nelson Family said...

Really cool pictures!! I am concerned too with what's going to happen...but I am just going to continue to pray and have faith. We have to have hope for our country. And I hope Pres. Obama (still seems weird to say)proves to those of us that didn't vote for him, to be wrong. I would be very happy to eat my words!!

Dresden said...

You know I have to agree with you on the comment about Hilary Clinton. I don't have the book with me but Sheri Dew mentions in one of her books how some women in this world are more evil when given leadership positions than men. I truly believe that. I think I read it when she was in the running for President-I just kept hoping she would never become our President. But definetly great pics-we have a great country. But I do agree with everything you said ;) And like Amy said on the comment-it really is a blessing knowing that the Lord is in charge of this world. Peaceful thought.