About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Boston, Why Not?


It is so random that I found this b/c I think in a way, I was meant to. I have a hard time doing this. I am a very logical person. I am realistic and I always expect the worst. I know that may seem pessimistic, but I just have learned to be that way. I hope to be pleasantly surprised along the way, but I rarely get my hopes up.

But I will be graduating soon and it is already stressing me out in a way. Don't get me wrong. I am excited of course but at the same time, I am realizing I really have to grow up and get a "real" job. Well at least for a year before I do graduate school. So big decisions lie ahead and I have been thinking a lot about moving back east. Possibly Boston, Maryland, Virginia or wherever the wind takes me:) I just can't stop thinking about it. What a cool and amazing experience that would be! Or I could just move to Salt Lake and work in a school district there. Logically, it makes more sense to just move to Salt Lake. It would be closer to all my friends and family. It would be less expensive. The church is extremely strong here. I could find a job closer to the University of Utah where I want to do grad school. But somewhere inside of me, yearns for a real life adventure. It makes me so excited to think about what else is out there. What kind of experiences I could have. I will have to follow my heart on this one instead of listening to what logic is trying to scream at me. But isn't that how most things are in life? Finding someone to marry(everyone has found my husband for me and I have already tried convincing myself to marry someone), choosing a major, a place to live, a job to apply for, and ect. This is an interesting stage of life b/c I feel every decision I make can be life altering which is why I just need to keep following my heart and stop listening to everyone else around me and what logic is trying to tell me. Logic is a good thing, but sometimes what our hearts and what the spirit is trying to tell us are two totally different things. Anyways, maybe I can get Kelli to move to Boston with me:)

11 comments:

Rachel said...

It's scary but I say you should listen to your heart. Say you took the leap and moved out East you are planning on coming back for grad school anyway so you get a taste of a different life, see if you like it and if you do great and if not you are coming back soon anyway. Plus you know me I'm a East Coast girl! and Virginia and Boston are both wonderful places :) Good luck with your decision!

Kelli said...

OH B...real subtle. :) I am proud of you for "defying logic" and following your heart...that just might be too hard for me though.

salena said...

Booo..to SLC! I think it would be so awesome to have the experience of living out east for a while!

If it's what you really want, you should go for it! You'll totally regret it someday if you dont!

And...trust me, right now is the only time in your life when you get to do what YOU want! :)

Jenny Hogle said...

Wow that would be so so cool! I would love to do something like that. I think you should go for it!

Amelia Smith said...

Do IT!! And by all means if it doesn't work out you can move back, but at least you can say you did something adventurous. What an awesome experience. I would love to live back East, Arizona will always be home but it would be so fun to live there for a while. I lived in Nauvoo for a semester and it was incredible!

The Wells said...

You are smart Bekah! You should follow your heart, especially with all these decisions. It will make you happiest in the long run. When I was dating Abe up in UT, almost every person I was closest to there thought I was not making the best choices...especially when I decided to move back to AZ. But I went against the current and followed my heart. I am now happier than I ever have been in my entire life...and every day keeps getting better because of the choices I made then. I agree with Rachel that it's scary, but it's soooo worth it!

Lindsey said...

I think you should move to Boston. How exciting would that be?! And when else in your life will you be able to just get up and move and have your own adventure... Besides, I've always wanted to visit Boston and maybe I'd have somewhere to stay. Somewhere = your apartment.

Amy said...

Reading through the lines, I think you have already made your decision. You will love it back east. It has always been a dream of ours. You will do it and have no regrets. The most growing of your life will come when you are there. Good Luck ..I love you.

Heather said...

I am agreeing with everyone else on this one, go for it! There are certain times in life where you have to take advantage of the situation you're in and this is one of them. What a great time to make a move and try something new. I've never been to Boston, but Chris served his mission in northern Virginia and we were able to go back one year, oh it is soooooo beautiful! I am always secretly dreaming of living on the East Coast!

Oh and when Chris and I moved to Hawaii with NO PLANS right after we got married everyone thought we were just being irresponsible newlyweds, but it was the best thing we could have done for us and you have to do what's best for you. Good luck! I'm excited for you!

Jolynn said...

It is always scary to go off on your own and do something like that. BYU was the same thing for me... I didn't have any friends going there, and almost went somewhere else so I could live with friends and not alone. If I had not gone to BYU, I would not have made the BEST friends I have now. It changed my life. No matter what you do, LIFE is an adventure! But sometimes it is best not to be logical.

Rhonda said...

You would be surprised at how extremely strong the gospel and the Wards are out East. Boston has several large singles Wards and I certainly can tell you that my daughters have loved being in a singles Ward here in CT when home in the summer. Boston and DC have the most LDS singles outside of UT and AZ.... impressive.

One of our nannies (from out west) ended up in Boston and LOVED it so much she did graduate school there...and was there for five years.

We should talk! I set up kids from the West to live out here. Kind of a go between for homesick college kids and their family or who they live with here. If you email me, I will chat with you there.