About Me

I graduated from BYU in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology and I am working as an SLPL at a school district. I enjoy it and it keeps me SUPER busy. I also teach spin classes at LA Fitness. I refuse to ever pay for a gym membership. I live with 2 awesome girls: Erika and Christina. I love Diet Dr. Pepper, ritz crackers, bunny tracks ice cream, shopping, cooking, sleeping, reading, and working out. I have the 4 cutest nephews in the world: Kaden, Jack, Nixon and Bentley and 1 adorable niece: Alena. This is my simple yet really awesome life!

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Meatballs

This was my assignment for our Super Bowl dinner and they were actually really good. I didn't have time to put them in the crock pot for 4-6 hours (well actually I didn't read the recipe all the way through before church today...oops) and so I just simmered them for 30 minutes in the sauce and they still worked really well. Enjoy! Super super easy.


Sweet and Sour Meatballs

3/4 pound ground pork
3/4 pound ground round
1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
1 whole egg
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 cup bread crumbs

Sweet and Sour Sauce:
1 bottle (12 oz) of Heinz chili sauce
1 jar (18 oz) grape jelly (alternatively, try a can of jellied cranberry sauce)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the pork, ground round, cheese, egg, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, and bread crumbs. Using your hands, mix all ingredients until well incorporated. Use immediately or place in refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Shape the meatballs into rounds and place the meatballs on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.

In a large saucepan, add the chili sauce and grape jelly. Heat on low-medium heat until the jelly is completely melted. Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Alternatively, add the sauce ingredients and cooked meatballs to a crockpot and heat on low for 4-6 hrs for optimum flavor.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Mmmmmmmm. Delicious. Remind me why I didn't take you up on your offer to send some with me? Probably because at the moment, I was too stuffed to think about eating another one. But now, now I want another 6. At least. I guess I'll have to try my hand at making them.

OH, and I left my dish at your apt. I'll need to get that back from you at some point, especially because it's not really mine, it's Jade's. Whoops. :)

Dresden said...

Hey pretty girl...my brother zac had these meatballs at his wedding reception. They are sooooo yummy. We aren't quite as talented as you...we just buy frozen meatballs and make the sauce. I hope all is well with you!

Amelia Smith said...

what happened to your tag? I was just sitting down to do mine and yours has disapeared. (I seriously have tried to spell that word 10 times and can't figure it out, it's driving me NUTS!) Anyways, have a wonderful evening!